01 September, 2008

Happy birth day!!!

It’s my birthday so what better time to start my blog---especially since it’s about celebrations! Not that I have anything special planned for my birthday…just deep dish pizza from my favorite pizzeria, Gino’s East, here in Chicago, IL (http://www.ginoseast.com/). I’ve loved this pizza since high school…and that was well over 20+ years ago. They have a really interesting crust…kind of like a corn-bread. The crust is topped with a nice thick layer of cheese and then it’s topped with a giant sausage patty…that’s right, there’s sausage in every bite! Finally, it’s topped with a sweet but tart chunky tomato sauce. YUM!! And to round out my birthday dinner…I’ve got a cupcake from a place called Molly’s Cupcakes (http://www.mollyscupcakes.com/). It’s such a cute place!! They have bright, colorful tables, old school games like Jenga and Connect Four, a ton of wonderful cupcake flavors (including build your own) and swings! Yes, that’s right…swings…like the kind you find at a playground. I found this place listed on one of the cupcake blogs that I frequent, went there and fell in love with 3 flavors…key lime (has a tart lime filling inside), build your own with a yellow cupcake and their brown butter icing, and the ultimate…Chocolate Decadence…oh my!

Well, blogs are supposed to be brief, which will be challenging for me---I’m rather long winded, but before I end my first entry, I just wanted to outline what I want my blog to be. I plan to share interesting little tidbits, fun (and unknown) holidays, ideas to help celebrate life and references to some of my favorite things. I want it to be a fun place---a place for you to take a little get-away to, to learn from and to share with others…and most importantly, a place where you learn to celebrate life more often. My plan is to post once or twice a week---so please stop by at least weekly to celebrate with us. Please feel free to share your celebrations…everyday celebrations as well as fancy, special ones. I’m not-so-technical so this blog will grow as I become more familiar with setting things up and adding things. Finally, I will be writing this blog thru my alter ego…my Barbie doll named Pixxa (pronounced PICKS-za). I love Barbie (I’m sure I’ll share more about this later) and Pixxa is a doll that I often travel with. Pixxa’s world is perfect…so who better than her to help us learn to celebrate life!!

That’s it…I’m officially a blogger! Happy Birthday to me!! Happy birth day to The Occasion of Celebration!! Welcome!!

Celebrate…and have a FANTASTIC day!!

Stephanie

9 comments:

Ms. M&M said...

HAPPY-HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ms. Pixxa! How exciting that you've entered in to cyberspace with such limited resources. I hope you enjoy your special day and all of the excitement that comes with turning 25 (again)!!

Love you!
Ms. M&M

sheljac said...

Happy Birthday to my life long pal Stephanie T.!! Best Wishes!

Shelia J.

purpink said...

Happy Birthday to you, Stephanie!

Happy Birthday to "On The Occasion of Celebration"!

Julie

KEH said...

Happy Birthday!
Congratulations for creating a celebration blog. I look foward to the future postings.
BTW, the red velvet cupcake at Molly's is dreamy :-)

stormyfb said...

Happy Birthday! What a great start!Fabulous!

xoxo
Barbara

NorCal said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

WHAT A GREAT THING TO DO ON YOUR BIRTHDAY- COOL PRESENT

WILL HAVE TO GO OFR A CUPCAKE AND INDOOR SWING TOGETHER WHEN I'M THERE IN DEC (EVEN THOUGH I SEEM TO REMEMBER SOMEONE DID NOT WANT TO CLIMB THE WALL)

CONGRATS

ABG said...

That's right - CELEBRATE "YOU" and all things wonderful!!

KG said...

Hi and Happy 21st Birthday Again
My Birthday was Wed.
So we are Virgo's
Hope you got lots of Presents too.
Nice job on your blog and keep me up to date.

Your Friend Karen

J9 said...

Happy very belated B-day...hopefully now that your computer is functioning you got my ecard. Look forward to reading and celebrating all your posts with you.