12 April, 2009

Celebrating...A Happy Easter!!

Well, Easter snuck up on me this year. Palm Sunday came and went and I didn't even realize it had happened. That's a sure sign that I have been away from the Church for too long!

As a Christian, I know that Easter is the celebration of The Ressurection of Jesus Christ, and that it is a day that should be treated with the utmost religious respect. But being a creative person, I just love the decorating all that helps to make this day even more special.

One of the things I came across this year was from my favorite, Martha Stewart. She showed the simplest decorated eggs that I thought were brilliant...in more than one way! They were brilliant because they were so simple and I had never thought of it before AND they were brilliant because they were so sparkly and brightly colored!

What are they? Glittered Easter Eggs! After blowing out the eggs (I wouldn't recommend these on hard boiled eggs because you would want glitter that close to anything you plan to ingest), merely paint on some white craft glue and sprinkle on the glitter. I LOVE IT!!

No, I didn't get around to making any this year, but I wanted to share with you this simple craft. The instructions and video can be found via this link to Martha Stewart's website. And this is something that once you make, you can keep year after year after year. So hold on to these instructions...because these are just too cute to not make!!

I hope that you had a blessed Easter!!

Luv Ya!
Pixxa

No comments: