20 July, 2009

Celebrating...inspiration!

Sorry that I've been away for so long. How does time pass so quickly? I look up and 3 weeks have passed. Well, I've been away having a little fun and being a little sick. I spent the week after July 4th in our nation's capitol, Washington, DC. I got there for the fireworks on the 4th, but the purpose of my trip was the National Barbie Doll Collector's Convention. I'll post more about the convention later (I have 1198 pictures to weed thru). Then when I returned home, I was hit hard by a flu bug. So now, I am feeling almost fine and just read some information that I wanted to share.

I am a casual follower of Joel Osteen Ministries. The messages that he gives are usually right on and very pertinent to what is going on in my life right now. I try to watch him on Sunday mornings, and I also get his daily message "Today's Word with Joel & Victoria"

Here is today's message:

Empowered to Overcome

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"I have given you authority …to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you"
(Luke 10:19, NIV)

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria
God has given you all power and authority to overcome every obstacle you may face in life! That means you are well able to do what God has called you to do. You can accomplish your goals. You have the ideas, the creativity, and the talent to be successful. You have been armed with strength for every battle!

God has already lined up the right people to come across your path. He’s already lined up the right opportunities. You have everything you need to live a victorious life. Not an average life, not a barely-get-by, mediocre life—you were created to excel. You have seeds of greatness on the inside. You may not have seen it in the past, but if you’ll stay in faith, it’s just a matter of time—victory is on the way. Don’t settle where you are.

Rise up in faith today and begin to declare, “I will accomplish my dreams. I can overcome any obstacle. I’ve been equipped and empowered to live in victory in every area of my life.”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
"Heavenly Father, thank You for the power to overcome every obstacle I may face. Help me to see myself the way You see me. Help me to embrace the victory You have in store for me today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."


I think that this is a message that everyone needs to hear---whether you are a Christian or not---you have the power and suthority to overcome obstacles in your life. Sometimes, I think we all need to see or hear that we can overcome. We CAN do it!!! I know that alot of things seem impossible...but the key is to find a way to break things down into manageable pieces.

I also think that it is important that no matter what your age, maturity level, financial status...you need to follow your dreams! Following your dreams keeps you hopeful in a world that can be so negative. Following your dreams keeps you thinking about doing more that you are doing now. Following your dreams helps you to become an even better person than you are now.

So my wish for you today is to be inspired!! Be inspired to overcome your obstacles...be inspired to follow your dreams...and celebrate!!!

Luv Ya!!
Pixxa

No comments: