26 November, 2009

Celebrating...family, friends and all things to be thankful for

Happy Thanksgiving!! Today is the day that we all reflect on the things that we are grateful for and the day we celebrate with food, food and more food. Folks plan for weeks and months all of the special dishes they will make for the gatherings they will host or attend. Me? My Thaksgiving tradition is my favorite---Gino's East pizza. I stopped by yesterday and picked it up so that as soon as the hunger hits, I can heat it up and indulge.

Here are a few pix of me. First in a rainy downtown Chicago on my way to Gino's.
Here I am on the side, ready to walk in.
Can you see the pix of the pizza? YUM!!
But before indulging, it is most appropriate to reflect on all of the things that you are thankful for. I am thankful for family and friends. I am thankful for the blessings and the lessons that God has given me. I am thankful for health, wealth and happiness. I am thankful for all of the smiles that outweigh the tears. I am thankful for the experiences and the chance to live life. I am thankful for bug spray (ewwww...spiders!). And I am thankful to you for reading and supporting my blog---my small attempt to try to help show people that there is so much to be celebrated.

As you celebrate your day of thanks, I would like to share with you something to make you smile (or even laugh). This is something that I remember seeing in my childhood and I hope that you enjoy. (Isn't it funny how cartoons can be entertaining for children and in a totally different way entertaining for adults?)







Celebrate it all!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Luv Ya!!
Pixxa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding us to celebrate and for providing information to help us do so with flair!