Slow Cooker Cuban Braised Beef and PeppersServes 4
Hands-On Time: 10m
Total Time: 8hr 30m
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, cut crosswise into thirds
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, oregano, cumin, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Nestle the steak among the vegetables. Cook, covered, until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Twenty-five minutes before serving, cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Using two forks, shred the beef and mix it into the cooking liquid. Serve with the rice and top with the avocado and cilantro.
taken from www.RealSimple.com
Thank goodness for great friends who share yummy recipes to make it easy to celebrate a Saturday in January!!