03 January, 2010

Celebrating...life's little celebrations

Yesterday a friend called me and asked me if I wanted to ride with her to Wal-Mart. I wasn't really doing anything and decided to join her. We ended up going to three Wal-Marts and still didn't find what she was looking for. After the third Wal-Mart (and on our way to a fourth), we happened upon a restaurant that we liked and hadn't been to in a while and stopped for dinner. While sipping on my yummy strawberry-mango margarita, I realized what a good time I was having. I turned our conversation to that and started rattling off a list of firsts in celebration. It was my first day of the new year hanging out with a friend. It was my first margarita of the new year. It was my first out-of-town trip of the new year. Okay---I realize these are small, teeny, little celebrations, but I think if we took time to celebrate the small stuff more often, our appreciation for things would grow. And in my mind, these little firsts were significant because they are all things that I hope will continue through the coming year. It was certainly a stretch for me to say I'd been out of town. Afterall, I live in Chicago and we'd only ventured as far as Merrillville, IN (maybe 30 minutes away). But it was all in my perception and I chose to look at our adventure as a trip out of town.

That's right...it's time to take stock of all of the wonderful little things that make up that that is your life. I'm issuing a challenge to you as well as to myself. Whatever the situaton, look for something about it that you can celebrate. Make this the year where you started celebrating all of life's little celebrations!!

Celebrate...life!

Luv Ya!!
Pixxa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I teared up - in a good way. Thank you for reminding us there is much to celebrate if we are open to it.