20 February, 2010

Celebrating...networking

I am not much for networking. In fact, I am rather shy in nature (though for some reason the people I hang around don't think I'm shy, but actually refer to me as outgoing...hilarious!!). But I am determined that I want to have a successful blog and to me success is defined by people tuning in to see what I have to say. (is that vain?)

One of the blogs and websites I follow is Crave Chicago. Taken directly from their website, CRAVE Chicago innovatively connects urban gals to the sassiest, gutsiest, most inspiring people they need to know in Chicago. Our modern marketplace of soirees, gatherings and online networking serves as your ambassador to everything there is to CRAVE about the Windy City. Sounds good, right? So I signed up to attend the Crave Chicago Blissful Blogette Party, which was held this past Thursday at the J Bar Lounge.

I must say that I had a great time talking to women who blog. It was so interesting finding out how people started blogging, what they blog about and why they blog about what they blog about. It was fun sharing stories and hearing others as they explained the good and the bad of blogging.

I met several women and collected a few cards and over the next few days will be visiting their blogs. Here are some of the blogs and websites:
Hopefully the ladies from the blogs I can't remember will stop by my blog and leave a comment so that I can check them out too!

Thanks Crave Chicago for putting on such a fun event (including a complimentary champagne cocktail), for gifting me wih the Crave Chicago Guide - The Urban Girl's Manifesto, and for putting me in touch with such talented, successful and nice ladies!!

Celebrate...meeting new people!

Luv Ya!!
Pixxa

2 comments:

Aiseneya W. said...

It was a pleasure to meet you last Weds. Your energy is infectious. I plan on subscribing! Check out my blog when you get a chance.

Pixxa said...

Thanks for stopping by! I bookmarked your site http://fashionmanaged.com/ too!