One of the blogs and websites I follow is Crave Chicago. Taken directly from their website, CRAVE Chicago innovatively connects urban gals to the sassiest, gutsiest, most inspiring people they need to know in Chicago. Our modern marketplace of soirees, gatherings and online networking serves as your ambassador to everything there is to CRAVE about the Windy City. Sounds good, right? So I signed up to attend the Crave Chicago Blissful Blogette Party, which was held this past Thursday at the J Bar Lounge.
I must say that I had a great time talking to women who blog. It was so interesting finding out how people started blogging, what they blog about and why they blog about what they blog about. It was fun sharing stories and hearing others as they explained the good and the bad of blogging.
I met several women and collected a few cards and over the next few days will be visiting their blogs. Here are some of the blogs and websites:
- Curvatude, living curvy and plus sized with attitude
- Second City Style, retail therapy for all
- Afrobella, all shades of beauty
- On Point Beauty Marketing, integrated marketing solutions for fashion and beauty
- Calliope Design, graphic design and art websites
- ChiTown Fashionista, the enabler of fashion consumption
- That's Not Lettuce, explore, discover, eat
- A Life of Style, beauty, fashion, life, style
- DIME Consulting & Design, Inc, online marketing and advertising
Thanks Crave Chicago for putting on such a fun event (including a complimentary champagne cocktail), for gifting me wih the Crave Chicago Guide - The Urban Girl's Manifesto, and for putting me in touch with such talented, successful and nice ladies!!
Celebrate...meeting new people!