02 February, 2010

Celebrating...over the top treats

First of all, my apologies!! Here I am supposed to be sharing fun and interesting celebrations with you, and I have done absolutely NOTHING for this weekend's Super Bowl party and I have definitely dropped the ball on the Valentine's Day Party plans. Sorry---life got in the way!!

But I had to stop what I was doing to post this. Here's a little background. This summer I am going to Cleveland, Ohio (to the National Barbie Convention, of course!). When I travel to other cities, I love to find out what the local specialties are so that I can taste them. I happened to be watching The Wendy Williams Show a few weeks ago (yes, I am a big fan---"how 'u doin'?") and a DJ Wendy used to work with mentioned a sandwich called a Polish Boy. When he described what it was, I added it to the top of my list of things to try in Cleveland. Well, Wendy, preparing for Super Bowl Sunday decided to show how to make the sandwich on her show today. OH...MY...GOSH!!! It's OVER THE TOP!!! That's all that I can say!! Well...that and I can't wait to try one!!! (big grin!) And this is alot for me because I typically don't like to mix my foods---yep, I eat one thing at a time.

Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think!! As for me...I'm waiting to have an authentic one in Cleveland before I try making one, but after that...well, let's just say that I already know what kind of bread I will be using!!

Celebrate...and pass the napkins!!

Luv Ya!!
Pixxa

Polish Boy Sub

Delish!

Super Bowl Sunday is just a few days away and Chef Gregby Camp from “Mickey Flickey’s Amazing Wings” is teaching us how to make one of Cleveland’s signature dishes, the Polish Boy.

The four basic ingredients are polish sausage, cole slaw, barbecue sauce and french fries. That sounds like heaven to us!

Ingredients:

  • A toasted 7″ steak of sausage bun
  • 7-inch all-beef Polish sausage, preferably Kosher (each sausage is about 3 to 3 1/2 ounces)
  • Coleslaw
  • French Fries
  • Barbecue sauce (Mickey uses his secret-recipe sauce; viewers can use their own recipe or store-bought BBQ sauce)

Directions:

  • Deep fry the sausage for 4 to 6 minutes in 350ยบ vegetable fry oil.
  • Remove sausage (don’t drain), then grill for 30 seconds on each side, just enough to dry the sausage.
  • Dip the sausage link (using tongs) into some barbecue sauce.
  • Place the BBQ covered sausage in a toasted bun.
  • Using a serving spoon, cover the sausage with creamy coleslaw.
  • Using tongs, cover coleslaw with french fries.
  • Using a 1 1/2 ounce ladle spoon, drizzle fries with BBQ sauce.

Serve and enjoy!

If you’re in the Cleveland area, make sure you stop by:
Mickey Flickey’s Amazing Wings
4818 Turney Road
Garfield Heights (Cleveland), OH 44125
(216) 341-4818

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the summer post featuring a picture of you enjoying an authentic Polish Boy!