- February is American Heart Month so make sure to take some time this last week of February to eat heart healthy, work on an exercise plan, and support heart health. For additional information visit www.goredforwomen.org or www.americanheart.org.
- February is also National Black History Month. Celebrate by taking some time to discover some of the many contributions that Blacks have made. Some great sites to check are www.BlackFacts.com, 101 Fast Facts, Black History People, and The History of Black Inventors.
- Feb 22nd is Single-Tasking Day; a day to do one thing at a time without feeling guilty.
- W.E.B. DuBois was born Feb 23, 1868. Did you know that his full name is William Edward Burghardt DuBois? W.E.B. DuBois, a civil rights activist, sociologist, historian, and author, attempted virtually every possible solution to the problem of twentieth-century racism including scholarship, integration, human rights, cultural and economic separatism, and politics.
- Feb 25th is National Chili Day, a day to recognize chili as a staple...especially during the cold winter months.
- Feb 26th Levi Strauss was born 1829 in Bavaria, Germany. He is responsible for creating the first pair of jeans, so don your 501s in celebration.
- Feb 26th is also For Pete's Sake Day. A world wonders: after all these years, who is Pete and why do we do or not do things for his sake? For more information visit www.wellcat.com.
Celebrate and have a GREAT week!!