13 March, 2010

Celebrating...a green river

Today, I am planning to FINALLY take advantage of a long-time Chicago tradition---dyeing the Chicago River green for the St. Patrick's Day Parade. You see, Chicago is a very Irish city and St.Patrick's Day is a definite all-city celebration. I think it has alot to do with the fact that this holiday is also seen as a "spring is coming" after a long winter. Regardless, every year, usually on the Saturday before St. Patrick's Day, there is a big St. Patrick's Day Parade in downtown Chicago. And just prior to the parade step-off, the Chicago River, which is already a dull green color, is dyed to a bright, almost fluorescent, kinda pea green.

I found a really cool video of the process so I thought I would share it with you. The video is from Anthony J Stewart Photography. Enjoy!



Celebrate...turning it green!!

Luv Ya!!
Pixxa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The visual and audio are so cool, I played it several times. Thanks for sharing this with us :-)