27 March, 2010

Celebrating...movies


Last night, I watched the movie "Where the Wild Things Are". I don't remember reading the book as a child, but with the giant puppet creatures and the little I heard about the story, I thought this would be a fun and light movie. Hmmmm...not so much. While I thought it was visually amazing, I tend not to like movies that don't have a happy or hopeful ending. What I did enjoy about the movie was that it showed how every once in a while everyone, even a little kid, needs to have a little escapism. Young Max definitely escaped his everyday life with his very vivid imagination. BTW, while searching for an image, I found a neat review of the movie, if you are interested.

One of the ways that I escape is to be absorbed into a movie. It is for that reason that today I celebrate movies...pop one in your DVD player and grab on to an adventure.

Celebrate with popcorn too!

Luv Ya!!
Pixxa

No comments: