02 April, 2010

Celebrating...PB&J Day!!


Happy Peanut Butter & Jelly Day!! I don't remember the last time I had a pb&j sandwich...and I'm not sure why. I LOVE pb&j's!! So when I saw the newsfeed from ABC Chicago News, I knew that I had to share this with you.

Not only is a pb&j a good treat, but can you believe they are good for the environment?!! According to the PB&J Campaign, "each time you have a pb&j, you shrink your carbon footprint, you reduce greenhouse gas emissions and water pollution, you cut back on habitat destruction, and you conserve water." Pretty cool for something so yummy, huh? Their theory is that any plant-based meal that you eat, instead of meals based around various meats can make a big impact. (Seems like a great site to check out if you are interested in living green.)

Then I found a website, Favor Affair, that has a free, 18-page downloadable e-book, National Peanut Butter & Jelly Party Guide. Really? An 18 page party guide? You know I had to download it and it's so cute!! It features all kinds of pb&j facts and links to cool and interesting pb&j stuff (including a link to a recipe to make pb&j hot wings). It's not really a party guide, but more interesting facts about pb&j.

If you are thinking of celebrating pb&j day with a cocktail, I even found a recipe for PB&J Jell-O Shots. Or if pizza is your thing, here's a recipe for pb&j pizza. Or...just simply take some bread, peanut butter and your favorite flavor of jelly, and enjoy!!

Guess what's for dinner?!!

Luv Ya!!
Pixxa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PB&J Day? Count me as an observer. I had some PB and preserves. Delish, filling and transported me to a child-like happy place. So glad to be a part of the celebration.