22 January, 2011

Celebrating...New Beginnings

Happy New Year!! I know...I am a tad late in extending my wishes. Try as I might, this has been an interesting year thus far. I pray that it only gets better! I have had a cold since the new year began. And this cold hit me hard. I think it was further amplified by the arctic cold temperatures that we have been having. Everytime I thought I was getting better, it would get super cold again and my symptoms would rebound. But I think the cold has finally moved on, so I am finally starting to enjoy the new year. Therefore, the wishes aren't totally belated. (smile)

So January is almost over. There has been so much to ccelebrate---I hope that you have been holding up your end and celebrating the big things as well as the small stuff. It is so easy to overlook the small stuff---that's why my mission is to make sure that we all take a little time to notice and celebrate.

So here we are...a new year, with a new, healthy (no cold) attitude...where do we go from here? I say on to the celebrations!! Today is Saturday and I am meeting up with a friend for breakfast and lunch. Weird, huh? Nope...we are celebrating the small stuff. For the longest time, we craved Chick-fil-a but the closest location was over two hours away. But the chain has finally moved into the Chicago area, albeit in the suburbs for now (downtown location to come in April). So I am picking her up and we are going to catch the end of the breakfast shift. Then we'll do a little shopping and then head back for lunch. Some people think that's crazy, but I say to each his or her own. When you find ways to celebrate, then do it!! And I tell you, a fun morning/afternoon spending time with a friend is a great way to celebrate the new year.

Hope you enjoy your today (and if you are in a part of the country where it's cold...may you celebrate keeping warm)!!

To new beginnings!!

Luv Ya!!
Pixxa

No comments: